Doubles Delight in Darwin
From Squash Australia:
For doubles squash fans, this August cannot come around quick enough. Australia will head a list of seven countries featuring Men’s, Women’s and Mixed events who will compete in the 2016 WSF World Doubles Squash Championships taking place in the Northern Territory capital of Darwin from 15-18 August.
This exciting form of the game should not be missed by anyone with an opportunity to head to the top end of Australia in six weeks’ time.
Below is the list of competing countries and their most promising partnerships:
• Australia: Cameron Pilley / Ryan Cuskelly, Rachel Grinham / Donna Urquhart
• Colombia: Miguel Rodriguez / Catalina Pelaez
• India: Saurav Ghosal / Harinda Sandhu, Dipika Pallikal Karthik / Joshana Chinappa
• Malaysia: Nafiizwan Adnan / Delia Arnold
• Wales: Peter Creed / Tesni Evans
Australia won the Men’s & Mixed gold medals at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, will display six pairing throughout the events, while India, the reigning Commonwealth Games Women’s Doubles champions, will also compete in the three categories.
Colombia, Men’s Doubles gold medallists in the 2015 Pan American Games, will be represented by a single pairing in each of the events, whilst both Malaysia and New Zealand will be represented by two pairings in each. Scotland and Wales complete the entry list.
- Mon 15th Aug – Pools Day One
- Tue 16th Aug – Pools Day Two
- Wed 17th Aug – Quarters (if required) and Semis
- Thu 18th Aug – Finals, playoffs and Presentations